Keep reading to learn how to get this look:
Apologies if the lighting is a bit weird – I really should have done this during daylight. This is a fun look that is eyecatching and easy to achieve! I’ll list the makeup I used at the end of the post, but you can easily find dupes of these in other brands!
3. Use a pencil brush to apply a brown-green eyeshadow to define the crease above the aqua colour you have just layed down. Unfortunately the photo doesn’t show it well, but the aqua is below the crease while the green is in the crease.
4. Using an a flat angled brush, apply the brown-green shadow above the crease and bring out above the aqua to create a V shape of colour at the edge of your eyes. The ideal size and shape of this V depends on your individual eye shape so play around till you have a flattering shape. Blend lightly to remove the harsh edge between the aqua and green, but take care not to muddy the colours.
6. Line the waterline with white eyeliner to open up the eyes (compare to the previous picture). Using a pencil brush, take the aqua colour used on the lid and line the inner 1/3 of the lower lashline. Apply white eyeliner to the inner tear duct area and then pat on shimmery white shadow. Pull the white eyeshadow up across the inner crease to bring more light to this area.
7. Apply white eyeliner to the browbone and blend with your finger. Use a tapered blending brush to apply a light champagne eyeshadow to highlight the browbone. Then using the same brush and shadow, blend around the edges of the green eyeshadow to soften any harsh edges.
8. Optional: use white eyeliner to make the V shape of your eyeshadow more defined. Apply the liner below the edge of the eyeshadow and gently blend it downwards. Use a champagne/flesh coloured eyeshadow over the blended eyeliner.
The finished look:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Sephora eye pencil No. 500 (shimmery white)
- Lid: Urban Decay Shattered eyeshadow
- Crease: Urban Decay Mildew eyeshadow
- Liner: Urban Decay Flash eyeshadow
- Inner eye highlight: Urban Decay Polyester Bride eyeshadow
- Brow highlight: MAC Grain eyeshadow
- Mascara: Maybelline Full N’ Soft
- Blush: Revlon Smoky Rose powder blush
- Bronzer: Rimmel Sun Bronze
- Highlight: MAC Grain eyeshadow
- Body Shop Black Velvet Apricot lip balm (I was too lazy to get up and find a suitable lipstick….)
Hopefully you guys found this post enjoyable and you’ll try it out sometime. If you feel hesitant to wear something so bright during the day, then wear it for a fun night out!
Thanks so much for reading!