The French manicure is a classic – but sometimes you want something more! This manicure is sophisticated but modern. The shimmery nude and the silver tips suit everyone and go with pretty much everything, but if you want to try different combinations the possibilities are endless! (Also, apologies for the weird formatting at the end – I don’t know what’s going on with WordPress :S)
- Apply a base coat to adhere your polish to your nails and even out ridges if you have them. I used Essie’s First Base.
- Apply 2-3 thin layers of a shimmery nude/pale pink colour. I used Maybelline Express Finish in Sheer Crystal Dash.
- To create the french tip, you can either use a stencil or you can do it freehand. I do my tips freehand by anchoring the hand with the nail brush by placing my wrist on a flat surface, placing the tip of the polish brush at one edge of your nail and slowly rotating your finger (while keeping the brush steady) to create the french tip. I find this turns out much neater than using stencils (which leak a lot). I used Bloom Cosmetics’ Miranda.
- Finish up with a topcoat. I used Essie’s Good to Go.
- Find an outfit to match your beautiful new manicure!
Bloom Miranda and Maybelline Sheer Crystal Dash are both great polishes. Miranda is a grey-silver base with fine microglitter. Sheer Crystal Dash is a dirt cheap drugstore polish that I have repurchased multiple times because I keep using it up. It looks great with one coat, and builds up colour nicely. It makes a great layering colour if you want to give your polish a sheer shimmery topcoat. I have taken this polish with me when travelling because it dries super fast, it doesn’t show up any chips and it goes with everything!