There’s no point painting on a dirty canvas. Make up is great, but it’s not magic. We’d all love to Photoshop ourselves out of acne, dark circles and visible pores but its not going to happen (unless you have a fairy godmother stashed away somewhere). So even if you feel you have no time to pamper yourself with makeup, don’t neglect your skincare. Even the best makeup won’t be as comfy as your own healthy skin!
The holy trinity of skin care is 1) cleanse; 2) exfoliate; 3) moisturise. I like to add a fourth – protect! Australia’s harsh sun can do a number on your skin. Whether you’re pale as Nicole Kidman or bronzed as Beyonce, you need to make sunscreen a mandatory part of your daily routine. Pick a sunscreen with at least SPF 15, which protects against UVA and UVB.
If you have oil problems, make sure your face products are non-comedogenic. If you have dry skin, try applying a moisturising serum before your cream/lotion. And always, always, always use eye cream! Your under-eye area is extremely delicate and requires a thinner formula than the rest of your face (thicker face cream can cause milia). Eye creams can reduce puffiness, discolouration and fine lines.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser – AUD 21.95
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub – AUD 11.99
- Nivea Visage Moisturising Fluid SPF 15 – AUD 7.93
- Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 30 – AUD 52.00
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream – AUD 27.95
- Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Eye Treatment – AUD 88.00
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – AUD 75.00